Edward Johnson and his team of cabinet makers are now offering 5-day courses. Come and learn new skills, make a piece of furniture to take home and come and soak up the friendly, professional atmosphere of our well-equipped rural furniture workshop.
Make your own Chichester Mirror
Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 4.30pm (including lunch break)
Price: £1195 (a deposit of £597.50 is required to book your place)*
February 2022: Monday 21 February – Friday 25 February 2022
June 2022: Monday 27 June – Friday 1 July 2022
July 2022: Monday 4 July – Friday 8 July 2022
October 2022: Monday 17 October – Friday 21 October 2022
About the Course
There will be a maximum of 6 participants per course. We provide all the materials and tools required to complete the project. The course is suitable for hobbyists and budding professionals alike.
Our Sussex Mirror with coat hooks can be made in either a choice of oak or ash.
With demonstrations, full instruction and guidance throughout the week you will learn and experience:
- Steam bending timber
- Spoke shaving and shaping
- Sanding and refining
- Oiling and finishing
You will benefit from:
- Working alongside Edward and his professional team
- Asking any questions relating to furniture making, materials and techniques
- Introductions and demonstrations
- Making your own mirror to take home at the end of the course
- Assistance from our professional cabinet makers
We will provide:
- All the tools and materials you need
- Complementary tea and coffee throughout the week
- … and some good company!
What you need to bring:
- Please bring your own packed lunch with you as we are in a remote location.
- Sensible clothing and footwear to get dusty and oily.
- As much common sense and dexterity as you can muster.
Terms and Conditions:
* We will run each course with a minimum of 2 participants. If for any reason we cannot run the course an alternative date will be offered and / or a full refund will be given. All participants must be 18 years and over.
A 50% deposit is payable to secure your place on a course. The deposit is fully refundable or transferable up to 60 days before the beginning of the course.
If you cancel less than 60 days before the start of the course the deposit is not refundable.
The balance for the course is payable in full 60 days before it starts.
If you would like to ask any further questions about our courses, please contact our small friendly team on 01243 696606 and we will be happy to help you.
Please check back regularly for information on new courses and updates.