Budget & Pricing
We really do understand that the budget is always a sensitive part of a commission and we know how difficult it is to estimate the costs of a project at the outset. We hope the following questions and answers help to clarify any queries you may have. However, please get in touch if you would like to find out something that we do not cover below, or if you would like to discuss a specific project with us.
How much does bespoke furniture cost?
The cost of our furniture can vary depending on the type of product, the size, the materials used, the complexity and the number of hours required to make it.
Our Made & Ready Collection, Signature Collection and Blueprint Collection all have guide prices. Bespoke Furniture projects will be slightly more expensive due to the custom design and development time required.
Throughout the bespoke design development, we can ‘cost-manage’ the design accordingly by either increasing or decreasing the specification. Your budget must however be sensible and realistic and aligned with your design aspirations, it is integral to what can be achieved.
Bespoke Guide Prices:
- Blanket Chests or Linen Chests – start from £3,000 to £23,000
- Chairs – start from £1,000 to £20,000
- Chaise Longue – start from £10,000 to £20,000
- Chests of Drawers – start from £3,000 to £20,000
- Coffee Tables – start from £3,000 to £20,000
- Desks – start from £5,000 to £20,000
- Dining Tables Non-extending – start from £4,500 to £20,000
- Dining Tables Extending – start from £7,000 to £30,000
- Media Cabinets – start from £5,000 to £20,000
- Side Tables – start from £1,500 to £9,000
- Sideboards – start from £4,000 to £20,000
- Stools – start from £800 to £5,000
Why does bespoke and limited-edition furniture cost so much?
The cost of our bespoke or limited-edition furniture can be broken down into three parts:
- Cost of materials
- Cost of cabinet making hours
- Delivery and installation (if applicable)
All the furniture we design, and produce is made in our workshop in Bosham. With the materials usually making up 20-30% of the total cost, the remaining budget covers cabinet making hours, delivery and installation where appropriate. We make our furniture to the highest of standards, and due to the complex nature and level of accuracy required, each piece takes time to achieve.
How much does the designing cost?
For each piece of furniture you wish to commission, a non-refundable deposit of £600 is required to enable the designs to be developed. The deposit also secures workshop production time. The deposit will then be deducted from your first instalment.
What do I get for my money?
- An experienced and personable service throughout and after the commission.
- A beautifully crafted piece of furniture tailored to your requirements.
- A limited-edition or one-off design.
- As much advice both during and after the project as you wish.
- That personal feeling of meeting and knowing your furniture designer and craftsman.
- Access to an experienced aftercare service for years to come.
- A future collectable heirloom, marked with a prestigious silver maker’s mark.
Can you work to my budget?
Yes, absolutely. Edward has the experience to customise the design and specifications to suit your budget. Throughout the design development we can ‘cost-manage’ the design accordingly by either increasing or decreasing the specification. Your budget must however be sensible and realistic and aligned with your design aspirations.
Do I need to set a budget?
Yes, we do need to establish an aspired budget range during the early stages. As you can imagine, it is a very important part of the design brief and enables Edward to fully understand what can be realistically achieved within the design. Without an idea of budget Edward will not be able to fully fulfil the brief. Based on an archive of projects we have worked on we are able to provide a guide for various projects.
Can I pay in instalments?
Yes, for commissioned pieces you can pay in instalments. There are two instalment plans depending on the total cost of your commission.
- Payments for orders up to £10,000 inc. VAT are paid in instalments of 50% (minus deposit*), 40% and 10%
- Payments for orders over £10,000 inc. VAT are paid in instalments of 30% (minus deposit*), 30%, 30% and 10%
The first instalment is due two weeks prior to commencement of the agreed works. Additional payments are due throughout the project as per the outlined payment schedule. Final payment is due on or before delivery.
*Please note a £600 deposit is required before we can start any design work. A full payment schedule will be outlined in your quotation.
What payment methods do you accept?
Our preferred payment method is bank transfer. However, if this is a problem please speak to us about other options.
Are you VAT registered?
Yes. VAT Registration No. 155165316
All our prices include the VAT.